Engraving your wedding ring is a simple action that can make an already special item even more meaningful. All you have to do is come up with your message, give it to your jeweler, and wait for them to return your freshly engraved, perfectly sentimental ring. Still, that first step– coming up with your message– can be a little daunting. You want to pick something that both you and your partner will love, something that will make you smile each time you see the message for years to come. So, there’s a bit of pressure to come up with the right message. But if you’re feeling stuck on what to engrave on your wedding ring, read on. Below, we’re featuring 100 wedding ring engraving ideas that will give you the creative inspiration you need to come up with your ideal engraving.
Traditional Wedding Ring Engraving Ideas
If you’re a traditionalist who loves all things classic, try one of these traditional wedding engraving ideas.Your Names Or Initials
- A Monogram Of Your New Initials
- Your New Last Name
- Your Wedding Date
- Your Engagement Date
- The Date You Met
- The Date You First Said “I Love You”
- The Name Of A Significant Location
- Your Nicknames For Each Other
- “To My Wife” or “To My Husband”
Wedding Band Engravings Featuring Classic Romantic Sentiments
Short romantic sentiments work beautifully as wedding ring inscriptions, since they can impart deep meaning using just a few words.
- I Love You
- I Do
- Forever Yours
- My Love
- True Love
- For My Soulmate
- I Choose You
- I Thee Wed
- Our Love Is Eternal
- Forever Begins
- Adventure Awaits
- All My Days
- My Fairy Tale
- Happily Ever After
- With You Always
- We Are One
- Written in the Stars
- Eternal Love
- Love Endures
- All My Love
- You Have My Heart
Note that many of these ideas also work well when combined with the traditional ideas above. For example, “Forever Begins – Jun 10” or “A+B Always” (substituting in your initials).
Wedding Ring Engraving Ideas in Other Languages
Sometimes, another language can express your devotion in a way your mother tongue just can’t.
- Je T’aime (French: I Love You)
- Pour Tous Jours (French: Joy Without End)
- Mon amour (French: My Love)
- Ani L’dodi V’dodi Li (Hebrew: My Lover Belongs to Me and I To Him)
- Amore Mio (Italian: My Love)
- Vivo Per Lei (Italian: I Live For Her)
- Semper Fidelis (Latin: Always Faithful)
- Semper Amemus (Latin: Let Us Love Always)
- Pari Passu (Latin: With Equal Step)
- Amor Vincit Omnia (Latin: Love Conquers All)
- Myn Genyst (Old German: My Heart)
Fun & Funny Wedding Ring Engraving Ideas
If you and your love like to joke around, incorporate that lighthearted energy in your engraving.
- Challenge Accepted
- Put Me Back On!
- A Deal Is A Deal
- A Perfect Fit
- Ride or Die
- Better Than Bacon
- Alarm Will Sound If Removed
- Resistance Is Futile
- The Better Half
- To Aid and Abet
- Insert Finger Here
- No Take Backs
- Contractually Yours
- Finders Keepers
- You’re Stuck With Me
- I Love You More Than Coffee
- Us Against the World
- You’re My Lobster
Two Engravings That Make Up One Sentiment
A sweet, clever engraving idea is to split a saying between your rings. This type of engraving is personal, cute, and symbolic, since it parallels the fact that you and your partner are two halves becoming whole.
- To Have / To Hold
- Little Spoon / Big Spoon
- Love Is Patient / Love Is Kind
- I Carry Your Heart With Me / I Carry It In My Heart
- I Am My Beloved’s / My Beloved Is Mine
- I Found My Other Half / My Other Half Found Me
- I Love You / I Know
- To Infinity / And Beyond
Wedding Ring Engraving Ideas From Songs or Poetry
If there’s a song or poem that resonates with you, engraving a snippet of it can add lovely symbolism to your ring.
- At Last
- You Make Me Feel So Brand New
- I Carry Your Heart (E.E. Cummings, I Carry Your Heart)
- Crazy In Love
- Here, There & Everywhere
- So Happy Together
- Only Love Sets Us Free (Maya Angelou, Touched By An Angel)
- Some Things Are Meant to Be
- Only You and I, My Love (Pablo Neruda, The Queen)
- You Make My Dreams Come True
- I’m Yours
- I Am Your Mirror (Rumi, When I Am With You)
- A Whole New World
- I Would Walk 500 Miles
Spiritual or Religious Wedding Ring Engraving Ideas
If your shared faith is an important part of your relationship, consider referencing a bible verse or including a religious quote in your engraving.
- Do Everything in Love (1 Corinthians 16:14)
- Love is Patient, Love is Kind. (1 Corinthians 13:4)
- God Unite Both in Love
- Ani L’dodi V’dodi Li (Song of Solomon 2:16)
- Where You Go I Will Go (Ruth 1:16)
- God Joined Us
- In God and Thee My Joy Shall Be
- Thy Love Is Better Than Wine (Song of Solomon 1:2)
- Dues Nox Iunxit (Latin: God Joined Us)
- The Chapter and Verse of Any Personally Meaningful Bible Verse
Final Thoughts + Tips on Engraving Your Wedding Ring
We hope this list has provided you with the creative inspiration you need to come up with your perfect wedding ring engraving. To provide you with just a bit more engraving assistance, we’ll close out this post with a few practical tips on engraving your wedding ring:
- Keep It Short and Sweet: It can be hard to express the depth of your feelings in a short message, but know that shorter engravings are more impactful. If you go too long, your message may end up being too small to read easily, which could really muddle the sentiment.
- Consider Your Timeline: Engraving your wedding ring could take an hour or it could take a month. It all depends on your jeweler’s schedule and availability. So, if you want your rings engraved by a certain date (such as your wedding date), keep this in mind and plan ahead.
- Take Your Time: You don’t need to stress endlessly over your engraving, but do give yourself a little time to come up with what you’ll put on your ring. This message will be on your ring for many years to come, so you don’t want to rush the process. If you don’t allow your ideas to sit with you for a while, you may end up engraving something you’ll dislike mere months from now.
- Know You Can Engrave Later: If you feel like engraving your ring would put you in a time crunch before your wedding, remember that you can have your rings engraved at any time. Your engravings will be just as special if you add them to your rings after the wedding.
- Triple Check Your Final Message: Last but certainly not least, we suggest that you triple check your engraving message before finally sending it off to your jeweler. You’d be surprised by how often people spell their message wrong or accidentally mix up the numbers in their date. So, if you don’t want to do the same (and have to spend time and money getting your message fixed), just give your message a good hard look before handing it over to your jeweler.